Learn the foundation of hair braiding focused on getting to know your clientele and their personalized hair requirements, sanitation and working in a clean environment. identifying common hair problems and recommendations for healthy hair care options, various styling techniques & basic cornrow designs, and basic styling with preventative hair care options. Gain an introduction to naturally textured hair types, products used with healthy hair care and regular hair maintenance and integration removal requirements and technique. Learn how to review and discuss hair styling selections and options, viable products on the market and hair supplies to use, along with offering your professional services. Learn the four basic technical skills of natural hair braiding with safe integration styling patterns and optional techniques, as well as maintenance and care.
Saturdays from 10 -5 pm, 5 weeks in duration 30 hours $3,200
(includes kit with all starting tools and supplies, portfolio and graduation certificate, registration fees/deposit and taxes)
- Single braids with your natural hair
- Single braids with feathered extensions
- Cornrows with the natural hair
- Cornrows with a weave and one of the interlocking techniques
Hair Braiding & Designs – Level II (pre-requisite: Introduction to Hair Braiding or the demonstrated ability to cornrow)
Saturdays from 10-5 pm, 10 weeks in duration 60 hours $6,800*
(*Does not include the introductory kit. Afro mannequin and general supplies can be purchased through class registration or on line purchase for registered participants)
Provides full, extensive training and information on all areas of single braiding, cornrows, twisting, weaving and extensions with a combination of practical business skill procedures and choice of the 10-12 technical skills, as time permits.
- Single box braids
- Single box braids with extensions and feathering
- Ghana braids
- Natural hair two-stranded twists
- Afro kinky twists
- Senegalese twists
- Crocheting and interlocking with extensions
- Full cornrow weaves with and without a closure piece
- Natural Hair Designs, patterns and tips
- Lace front closure installation – 4X4″ – 360
- Transitioning between natural hair and integration
- Wig selection tips and care with an onsite visit to a store of choosing and assistance with wig selections
- Adult and Child-friendly natural hair styling designs with hair wrapping. beading and styling tips
A.B.C. - REGISTRATION FORM
To register for an upcoming class/course, a $100.00 registration fee is required with the completion of your registration form. This fee will be applied towards the full cost of your selected class/course.
** Please be advised if you cannot confirm and/or make your scheduled class date, you must comply with a 48-hour cancellation policy to preserve your deposit and select another class date. Your deposit will then be applied towards reserving another selected class date within a 60-day period. Forfeit of the full amount of your deposit will take place if you do not show up to class and/or you do not comply with the 48-hour advanced cancellation notice.
**All mobile classes are currently being held on Saturdays, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. at 100, 10630 178 Street**
(If map does not display on mobile version please click on switch to desktop version to view address on Google Maps)